Cliff, Linear, and Emission
Clarify an unlocks types in deatail
Linear Unlocks / Token Issuance
- 1.Cliff Unlocks: Refers to tokens set to unlock on a schedule that's more periodic than daily, such as weekly, monthly, or yearly.
- Countdown Clock for Cliff Unlocks: This timer shows the time remaining until the next Cliff Unlock occurs.
- Value for Cliff Unlocks: This displays the value of tokens set to unlock when the countdown reaches zero.
* Note: tokens vesting linearly every month are categorized as Cliff Unlocks (Unlock once a month = Monthly Cliff Unlocks for our Standard)
- 2.Linear Unlocks: Defined by TokenUnlocks as tokens that are due to be released daily at specific amounts.
- Countdown Clock for Linear Unlocks: This timer indicates the time remaining until the linear unlock rate changes.
- Value for Linear Unlocks: This shows the daily unlock value once the countdown ends. For instance, the linear rate per day may be "30K Tokens" after the countdown. Hover over to see a breakdown of the updated linear unlocks, from the old rate to the new rate for each allocation.
- 3.Emission: Defined by TokenUnlocks as the net sum of token inflation and deflation.
- Inflation: Refers to the number of new tokens issued within a specific period.
- Deflation: Represents the number of tokens burned, as tracked from historical data.
* Note: In the context of "1 Year Emission" as shown on the token page, Emission is calculated based on the rate of tokens projected to be released into circulation over the next 365 days. This figure takes into account Inflation but not Deflation, since Deflation is determined only from historical data.